Menu Back toHow to Avoid Shortages? Insights from the EU Executive Steering Group on Shortages – Learnings from the COVID-19 Pandemic
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA 2021 Global Annual Meeting
How to Avoid Shortages? Insights from the EU Executive Steering Group on Shortages – Learnings from the COVID-19 Pandemic
Monica Dias, PharmD, PhD, MPharm, RPh
- Head of Supply and Availability of medicines and devices, a.i.
- European Medicines Agency, Netherlands
The EU Steering Group on shortage coordinated urgent actions to prevent supply disruptions within the EU during the pandemic, including regulatory flexibilities and monitoring of shortages of medicines used for COVID-19 patients.
Learning Objective : Describe how shortages of medicines are coordinated in the EU/EEA, their root causes, and contingency measures to prevent or mitigate shortages; Discuss how the European Medicines Regulatory Network (EMRN) has stepped up its efforts to prevent or mitigate the impact of shortages of medicines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Avoid Shortages: Patients Point of View
- European Policy Advisor
- France Assos Santé, France
Avoiding Shortages During COVID-19: Lessons Learned From Community Pharmacists
Jan De Belie
- Professional Affairs Advisor
- Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union (PGEU), Belgium
David Jauch, MBA
- Director - Government Affairs and CSR
- Fresenius Kabi Deutschland GmbH, Germany