Menu Back toA Journey of Interdisciplinary Collaboration to Improve Safety Evaluation in Drug Development
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA 2021 Global Annual Meeting
A Journey of Interdisciplinary Collaboration to Improve Safety Evaluation in Drug Development
Mengchun Li, MD, MPA
- Director, Phamacovigilance
- Global Alliance For TB Drug Development, United States
This session will discuss the outputs from the DIA-ASA joint scientific working group which include an aggregate safety assessment planning tool, benefit risk assessment planning, and open source interactive graphical tools, and how to implement them.
Learning Objective : Describe the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration; Evaluate the aggregate safety assessment planning tool; Discuss the status of benefit risk evaluation planning and how pre-marketing safety monitoring interconnects with benefit-risk evaluation; Identify open source interactive safety graphics tools with pragmatic guidance that can be easily applied to routine safety evaluation.
Aggregated Safety Assessment Planning
Barbara Hendrickson, MD
- Immunology Therapeutic Area Head, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety
- AbbVie, Inc., United States
Benefit-Risk Planning Across the Industry and Best Practice Sharing
Brian Edwards, DrMed
- Managing Director
- Husoteria Ltd, United Kingdom
Interactive Safety Graphics
James Buchanan, PharmD
- Covilance LLC, United States
Lothar Tremmel, PhD
- VP, Quantitative Clinical Sciences and Reporting
- CSL Behring, United States