Menu Back toSession-8-Track-3
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
Medical Affairs and Scientific Communications Forum
Session 8 Track 3: Incorporating Proficiencies for Professional Development
Craig J. Klinger, RPh
- Global MSL Trainer, The Office of Medical Professional Development
- Eli Lilly and Company, United States
Proficiencies are important for MSLs to better comprehend their role and how to continue to develop. In this session, we will review the appropriate way to assess the MSLs needs and develop proficiencies. The session will include what proficiencies are important to the role (core job and interpersonal skills) and how to develop a curriculum to implement training to maximize results for success, which will align to medical affairs strategy. We will also address other areas individuals may gain and assess the skills for proficiency of the MSL.
Learning Objective : At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify how to assess a role and develop proficiencies to meet the needs for MSL development
- Implement proficiency-based training to ensure appropriate development and assessment of MSLs
- Recall skills that can be transferable to the MSL role to be successful
Michael Goles, MA
- Director, Office of Medical Professional Development
- Eli Lilly & Company, United States
Hilary Mandler, PharmD
- Sr Dir, med strategy
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, United States
Check out our 2019 Program!