Menu Back toSession-6-Track-3-Intelligent-Business-Processes-Can-Artificial-Intelligence-Deliver-Actionable-Insights
Regulatory Submissions, Information, and Document Management Forum
Session 6: Track 3: Can Artificial Intelligence Deliver Value for Content Management in Life Sciences?
- Director, Regulatory Affairs Operations and Quality Management
- Merck & Co., Inc., United States
The rapid pace of innovation creates opportunities to apply technology to solve complex business problems. Has Artificial Intelligence reached the point of being a useful technology for the Life Sciences enterprise? In this session, we will review the results from an industry survey related to the value of Artificial Intelligence in Life Sciences. The panel will share use cases, and debate on whether this technology should or should not be used. With discussion and interaction, the panel will encourage the audience to ask questions to uncover problems that might be solved with creative uses of artificial intelligence.
Learning Objective : At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
Recognize common views of artificial intelligence and discuss trends within life sciences organizations
- Identify use cases where AI, text mining, and machine learning improve the submission process and help optimize day-to-day activities
- Understand the continuing debate about the benefits and usefulness of this advanced technology
What is AI?
Lena Shafir, MD
- Product Manager, Life Sciences Regulatory Solutions
- OpenText, United States
Natural Language Processing in Practice
- MSD Czech Republic S.r.O, Czech Republic
IA with AI: Intelligence Amplification with Artificial Intelligence
Karin Schneider, MLIS, MS
- Document Management Enablement Head
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., United States