Menu Back toBreakout-Session-5B-Technical-Regulatory-Challenges-Standards-Quality-Control
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
Global Animal Health Conference: Developing Global Animal Health Products to Support Food Security and Sustainability
Breakout Session 5B: Technical Regulatory Challenges (Standards, Quality Control)
Felipe Dolz, DVM, PhD
- Head of Regulatory Affairs
- Merial, a Sanofi Company, United States
At the global level, there are a multitude of issues associated with product standards, testing, and quality assurance/quality control related to the regulation and global distribution of veterinary pharmaceuticals and biologics. This breakout session will use recent examples of issues faced with the development, testing and distribution of products that have the potential to contribute to food security and sustainability. Using a set of focused questions participants will discuss issues such as:
1) the challenges of developing efficacious products for new and emerging diseases where basic research has not yet fully defined the pathogenesis of the agent;
2) Needs to achieve effective quality control of products in the market, using an example relating to international standards and quality control
- Manager, Regulatory Affairs
- Animal Health Institute, United States