More Articles Back to Article
- WHO, Korea to build biomanufacturing training hub
- UK grants funding to Pictura Bio for AI-guided testing
- EMA committee proposes retraction of SCD drug's approval
- J&J seeks EMA approval of cilta-cel as second-line drug
- Moderna registers unit in China in search of opportunities
Revitalizing European API production through reshoring
The European Union has published a report examining the advantages and disadvantages of bringing active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing back to EU member states, given that in 2019, Europe had almost 36% of API manufacturing sites while Asia had 55%. The report recommends evaluating the viability of relocating essential APIs to Europe, ensuring a steady supply of APIs not solely aimed at preventing shortages, while considering both regulatory and administrative processes in addition to financial incentives. Endpoints News (free registration) (3/14)
Read full article now.
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!