The patient has become a significant driver behind health care product discovery and development, access to medicines, and policy. DIA has been at the forefront of this movement with the belief that it greatly improves the development process and its outcomes.
DIA has created patient-centered programs to:
- Increase the understanding of key issues central to the promotion of patient-centered health care
- Improve alliances between patient groups and other health care stakeholders
- Stimulate cross-cooperation, promoting dialogue and the sharing of best practices
Only DIA is positioned to bring diverse stakeholders—such as patients, drug developers, and regulators— together in order to bring about significant life-changing and life-saving health care innovation.
Program components include:
- Annual Meeting and EuroMeeting Patient Advocate Fellowship Programs
- Opportunities for patient representatives, chosen through a competitive process, to attend major DIA conferences
- Conferences, meetings, and training sessions covering patient involvement in all aspects of health care product development
- Volunteer opportunities, including program committees that determine the content of DIA events
- Publications, including content in Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science and Global Forum, covering topics related to patient engagement
For questions about patient initiatives, email Patient.Initiatives@DIAglobal.org