DIA Announces Board of Directors Appointments
DIA (founded as the Drug Information Association), the premier professional association and global, neutral, knowledge exchange network for health care product development, recently announced the election of officers and directors to its Board of Directors. Members assumed their respective positions July 1.
The 2017-2018 DIA Board of Directors is as follows:
- Chair: John A. Roberts, MBA, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President of Finance, Cancer Genetics, Inc. (CGI)
- Immediate Past Chair: Tatsuo Kurokawa, PhD, President, Japan Self-Medication Industry
- Chair-Elect: Joseph Scheeren, PharmD, Global Head Regulatory Affairs, Pharma and Consumer Health, Bayer
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jeffrey S. Payne, CPA, Consultant
*New board member; **Re-elected board member
- Gesine Bejeuhr, PhD, Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs/Quality, vfa, the Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies
- Andrzej Czarnecki, MD, PhD, DSc, FFPM, Director, Deputy Qualified Person for Pharmacovigilance, Global Patient Safety, Eli Lilly and Company, Ltd.
- **Angelika Joos, MPharm, Executive Director, Global Regulatory Policy, Merck Sharp & Dohme (Europe) Inc.
- Barbara Lopez Kunz, MS, Global Chief Executive, DIA
- Michelle McMurry-Heath, MD, PhD, Vice President, Worldwide Regulatory Affairs, Johnson & Johnson
- *Judith Ng-Cashin, MD, Chief Scientific Officer, INC Research Holdings, Inc.
- *Mike Rosenblatt, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Flagship Ventures
- Jonathan Sheldon, PhD, Global Vice President, Oracle Health Sciences
- Lingshi Tan, PhD, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, dMed Company Limited
- **Rebecca Vermeulen, RPh, Senior Director, BioOncology Medical Science Liaisons, Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group
“Congratulations to Judith Ng-Cashin and Mike Rosenblatt for being elected by DIA members to the board as directors, to Joseph Scheeren for being selected as Chair-Elect, and to Angelika Joos and Rebecca Vermeulen for being re-elected to a second term as board directors.” said Barbara Lopez Kunz, Global Chief Executive, DIA. “I’m also delighted to be working with Jay Roberts as the new Chair of the board. These thought leaders are some of the brightest minds in their fields. I’m certain their unique skills and experience coupled with their dedication to advancing the delivery of therapies to patients will provide invaluable strategic insights and direction to DIA.”