Continuing Education credits are not available for the archived offering.
This archived webinar is available for purchase through November 5, 2015.
Duration: 58 minutes
These core lectures will focus on the essentials of clinical pharmacology in drug development. They will outline basic pharmacological and therapeutic principles that show how drugs get into the body, how they produce their effects, what happens to them in the body, and how evidence of their therapeutic effect as well as unwanted effects are assessed. The information is vital to an understanding of how drugs are to be used safely and effectively. The principles will be illustrated by practical applications offered by examples from real experience.
Five lectures will cover the following topics:
- Principles of Modeling and Simulation
- Determining the Safe First Human Dose
- Assessment of QT Prolongation
Part 2: Fundamentals of Clinical Pharmacology: Pharmacodynamics
Having now been introduced to pharmacokinetic principles, the basic principles of pharmacodynamics (or what the drug does to the body) will be introduced. In this lecture the relationship between dose, pharmacokinetics, and drug effect will explained.
This session will focus on the following topics:
- A brief overview of how drugs work will be discussed
- The relationship between dose, concentration, onset and duration of action will be examined
- Factors which influence the more complex effects, e.g., lag-time, sensitization, or tolerance, will be presented; and
- The lecture will conclude with an explanation of drug effects in a population
Who should attend?
The target audience for these webinars includes physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and scientists, as well as their regulatory and commercial colleagues, from industry, academia, medical centers, and health authorities, who are involved in all phases of drug development and safety evaluations throughout the product lifecycle.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the basic principles of pharmacodynamics
- Explain how pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics are integrated for dose recommendations
Ways to register
Series Discount Available*
Buy 2 webinars in this series and save 10%
Buy 3 or 4 webinars in this series and save 15%
Buy the whole series and get one webinar free
*Includes Archived Webinars in this series. Order must be placed in one transaction for savings to be applied.
- Individual registration is a license for ONE internet login allowing one viewer.
- Group site registration is a license for ONE internet login allowing multiple viewers from one location.
- Group Plus is a license for up to FIVE internet logins allowing one or more viewers at each login location.
Cancellations: No refunds will be provided in the event of a participant’s cancellation since all costs for this webinar have been prepaid by DIA. DIA reserves the right to modify or cancel programs and/or substitute presenters or panelists. DIA is not responsible for failure to deliver programs due to circumstances beyond its control.
Participants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodations will be made available to persons with disabilities who attend an educational activity. Contact the DIA office in writing at least 15 days prior to event to indicate your needs.